But, as time has gone on, I am giving up on trying to maintain a positive attitude toward our government. There are many reasons:
1) It is insane to keep the Keystone pipeline sidelined when we need that facility to spark our business with oil exports and domestic oil use. The pipeline would create lots of jobs. There would be essentially no damaging environmental effect to the pipeline according to repeated examinations and evaluation of that question.
2) The IRS scandal is real. Lois Lerner is red-handed guilty of consorting with Democrat activists against conservatives. If she were not guilty, why would she have claimed her rights under the Fifth Amendment? Yet, the government has effectively covered up her footsteps and the footsteps of other government bureaucrats in the IRS.
3) The damage done at Benghazi was considerable; and the government is loath to admit their lack of effort to prevent such a debacle. Governmental nay-saying has obfuscated the whole situation. Somebody did not provide adequate Marine guards at the Benghazi consulate. The president is the Commander in Chief and it is his fault.
4) Operation Fast and Furious was a stupid and bungling idea that should be examined and prosecuted.
5) It is a travesty that conservative watch-dogs of the government have been unable to examine the above three problems because the administration has openly violated the Freedom Of Information Act in refusing to release information that is supposed to be open to the public.
6) A U.S. Marine, Andrew Tahmooressi, is still in a Mexican jail because of a trumped-up charge by the Mexican government that he was trying to run guns into Mexico. President Obama has evidently made no effective effort to get him released. The President surely made a big effort get Bowe Bergdahl, a deserter from the U.S. Army in Afghanistan released from Taliban confinement, even though Bergdahl voluntarily left his post to conspire with the Taliban. It seems to me that Obama did this for the primary reason that he wanted to empty out the Guantanamo detention center. He traded five of the most dangerous al-Qaeda fighters in detention for Bergdahl. But he won’t lift a finger to free Tahmooressi.
7) U.S. immigration policy is in bad shape and needs immediate attention of the President; yet, he stalls on this because he wants to be careful of his political legacy.
8) ObamaCare was a very poor piece of legislation pushed through on a completely partisan basis. It won’t work; and it would have been much better to consider its weak points by consulting with Republicans before turning it into law.
9) “Foreign policy” is a joke under the Obama administration. The world needs U.S. leadership; and “leading from behind” is not the way to address the dangers abroad.
10) Tax and spend, the Democrat way of life, has been a dismal failure in getting America out of the recession. The government’s way of dealing with the problem is an obvious refutation of Keynesian economic theory. Yet, liberals cling to its theories as though they depending on them for their very life.
11) All the time, while the President is needed in Washington tending to the business of government, he is out traveling around to one campaign and fund-raising event after another. This president needs to stay at home and tend the store.