Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Covid Death Rates from the CDC


I would like to draw your attention to the latest report of Covid death rates reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If you could look carefully at the graphs included in the link below, you will see that the death rate for Covid-like illness (CLI) is very near the incidence reported for Influenza-like illness (ILI).

 

This indicates to me that the risk of dying from Covid-19 is about the same as contracting influenza. This makes me wonder if all the hype over Covid-19 is worth it all! After all, most of us Americans don’t worry so much about dying from the flu!

  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html

 

(This data was brought to my attention by my son, Ben.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment