Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Unacceptable Things about the Health Care Bill

Our American health care system obviously needs fixing in several areas; but there are two things about the current legislation that are absolutely unacceptable to Pro-Life people countrywide. Those things are provisions for abortion facilitation and the parts of the bills under consideration that would deny the rights of health care providers to obey their consciences. As I read H.R. 3200, I do not see anything that would mandate or facilitate euthanasia.
I am retired from the practice of medicine at this time, but if I were not, I would quit the profession rather than cooperate with a law that required me to facilitate or perform abortions or euthanasia. Physicians are mandated by conscience to do things for patients that help them; and they are not to do any harm. The old Hippocratic Oath, which is no longer in use, specifically proscribed giving a woman anything that would cause her to miscarry a pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment